Fall Empties Round-Up
Merry Christmas Eve! This seems like the perfect time to do an empties post - out with the old, and in with the new goodies I hope to discover on Christmas morning! I've been keeping a bag of beauty empties for the past few months. I am trying - desperately - to get through all of my skincare samples. In the process, though, I've also gone through quite a few of my mainstays. Here's a little round-up of what I used up.
- Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation: this was a sample face cream. I really like it and am on a second small pot right now. It's lightweight and moisturizing. Just a tiny bit more so than what I was using all summer, which brings me to...
- Ole Henriksen Vitamin Plus: this full-sized jar lasted me from May to November. Full review here.
- Fresh Rose Face Mask: this sample jar contained enough for 3 uses. Enough to tell me that this mask was utterly useless. Smells nice if you like rose, and is unlikely to do you any harm, but there are far better products out there.
- Nuxe Fondant Shower Gel: travel-sized tube of a product I had never tried before and immediately added to my wishlist after I went through it all. It smells absolutely amazing and is very gentle on the skin.
- Nest Orange Blossom Body Cream: a huge tube of deliciously moisturizing, absolutely divinely smelling cream. It took me an entire year to use this up because a little goes a long way. Absolutely recommend.
- Mila Moursi Lifting Serum: I had two small tubes of this to try and I loved it. I have no idea what is in it because when I went to Mila's website to see about buying a full-sized version, I saw that they cost over $400. Nope, nope, nope. It's a lovely product, but I could get Botox for that price.
- Aerin Rose Lip Conditioner: Very nice on the lips. This is a tacky balm with a subtle pink tint. The only downside of it for me is that it's very strongly rose-scented and I dislike having that strong a floral that close to my mouth and nose. I won't be buying a full-sized version.
- Tata Harper Refreshing Cleanser: Went through this all too quickly. Absolutely wonderful, but cost prohibitive. Full review here.
- Shu Uemura High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil: Not my favorite Shu but I used it up. This oil doesn't rinse as clean as some other versions I've tried. It is as effective as ever at getting make-up off and not irritating my skin, though.
- Gloss Moderne High Gloss Mask: a very nice deep conditioning hair mask. There was enough in my tub for 2 uses and my hair was softer and tamer after using. It has a very pleasant coconut scent.
- Chantecaille Fruit and Flower Acids Mask: a little pot of disappointment. This broke me out.
- Skinceuticals Physical Fusion Sunscreen: my HG sunscreen. Full review here.
- Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C+E Serum: a very well-performing antioxidant serum that won't break your bank account. Full review here.